Presentations from past AAAL workshops. For future workshops, the short presentations will be evaluated and chosen based on the Rubric for Selecting AAAL Lightning Strike Sessions.
Keynote – aokstakiiksi: Blackfoot signage in the Riddell Library and Learning Centre
Sarah Snihurowych and Laura Hamonic
Survey Software and Research: Our Experience at UAL
ORCID-CA and Getting ORCID Buy-in from Faculty, Administration and Researchers
Luke Malone and Danica Dixon
Quick Books: Using Amazon to Fulfill Faculty and Staff Requests
Robert Tiessen and John Wright
Coping with the Big Deal: Paying, Unbundling, or Walking Away
The Library’s Role in Celebrating Faculty Publications
Dr. Jason M. Harley
Keynote References: Time to Change our Filters: Psychologically Adapting to Information in the Post-Truth Era
- Scheibe, C., & Rogow, F. (2012). The teacher’s guide to media literacy: Critical thinking in a multimedia world. Corwin Press: Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Hornsey, M. J., & Fielding, K. S. (2017). Attitude roots and Jiu Jitsu persuasion: Understanding and overcoming the motivated rejection of science. American Psychologist, 72(5), 459-473.
- McKenna, N. (April, 2017) [podcast]. Fake news and surviving a post-truth world. New Trail, (pp. 3). Retrieved from: https://www.ualberta.ca/newtrail/spring-2017/bear-country/fake-news-and-surviving-a-post-truth-world
- Liam O’Donnell (2009). Media meltdown: a graphic guide adventure. Orca Book Publishers.
- Goldenberg, A., Halperin, E., van Zomeren, M., & Gross, J. J. (2016). The process model of group-based emotion: Integrating intergroup emotion and emotion regulation perspectives. Personality and Social Psychology Review, 20(2), 118-141.
- Gross, J. J. (2015). Emotion regulation: Current status and future prospects. Psychological Inquiry, 26(1), 1-26.
- Williams, H. T., McMurray, J. R., Kurz, T., & Lambert, F. H. (2015). Network analysis reveals open forums and echo chambers in social media discussions of climate change. Global Environmental Change, 32, 126-138.
Christie Hurrell and Kathryn Ruddock
Understanding Digital Scholarship Needs to Support the Evolving Nature of Academic Research
Kim Clarke and Leeanne Morrow
Using Play to Reduce Stress & Increase Cognition
Re-Designing the Service Desk for Collaboration
Maker Studio: Digital Literacy in Academic Libraries
Enhancing reference services with proactive chat
Leigh Cunningham & Valarie Westers
Blurred Lines Redefining Technical Services in an Academic Library
Caroline Daniels, Erin Fields, Leva Lee & BCcampus
BC Librarians Get Open
Research Metrics Series at Cameron Library
Dan Mirau & Tara Stieglitz
The Year of China
Shifting Roles of Library Liaisons
Sam Popowich (keynote speaker)
Open Source Adoption & Technological Capacity Building in Libraries
Robyn Hall & Mary Medinsky
Your AAAL: Engaging You in Association Business
Robin Desmeules & Sandy Campbell
Acknowledging Academic Librarians’ Contributions in Research Publications
Liz Fulton-Lyne & Kerry Taillefer
Tutorial Centre and Library Unite! Building a Writing Centre at NorQuest College
TAL Online training channel on YouTube
Liz Dennett & Sandy Campbell
What is a systematic review