Presentations from past AAAL workshops. For future workshops, the short presentations will be evaluated and chosen based on the Rubric for Selecting AAAL Lightning Strike Sessions.
Dr. Jason M. Harley
Keynote References: Time to Change our Filters: Psychologically Adapting to Information in the Post-Truth Era
- Scheibe, C., & Rogow, F. (2012). The teacher’s guide to media literacy: Critical thinking in a multimedia world. Corwin Press: Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Hornsey, M. J., & Fielding, K. S. (2017). Attitude roots and Jiu Jitsu persuasion: Understanding and overcoming the motivated rejection of science. American Psychologist, 72(5), 459-473.
- McKenna, N. (April, 2017) [podcast]. Fake news and surviving a post-truth world. New Trail, (pp. 3). Retrieved from: https://www.ualberta.ca/newtrail/spring-2017/bear-country/fake-news-and-surviving-a-post-truth-world
- Liam O’Donnell (2009). Media meltdown: a graphic guide adventure. Orca Book Publishers.
- Goldenberg, A., Halperin, E., van Zomeren, M., & Gross, J. J. (2016). The process model of group-based emotion: Integrating intergroup emotion and emotion regulation perspectives. Personality and Social Psychology Review, 20(2), 118-141.
- Gross, J. J. (2015). Emotion regulation: Current status and future prospects. Psychological Inquiry, 26(1), 1-26.
- Williams, H. T., McMurray, J. R., Kurz, T., & Lambert, F. H. (2015). Network analysis reveals open forums and echo chambers in social media discussions of climate change. Global Environmental Change, 32, 126-138.
Christie Hurrell and Kathryn Ruddock
Understanding Digital Scholarship Needs to Support the Evolving Nature of Academic Research
Kim Clarke and Leeanne Morrow
Using Play to Reduce Stress & Increase Cognition
Re-Designing the Service Desk for Collaboration
Maker Studio: Digital Literacy in Academic Libraries
Enhancing reference services with proactive chat
Leigh Cunningham & Valarie Westers
Blurred Lines Redefining Technical Services in an Academic Library
Caroline Daniels, Erin Fields, Leva Lee & BCcampus
BC Librarians Get Open
Research Metrics Series at Cameron Library
Dan Mirau & Tara Stieglitz
The Year of China
Shifting Roles of Library Liaisons
Sam Popowich (keynote speaker)
Open Source Adoption & Technological Capacity Building in Libraries
Robyn Hall & Mary Medinsky
Your AAAL: Engaging You in Association Business
Robin Desmeules & Sandy Campbell
Acknowledging Academic Librarians’ Contributions in Research Publications
Liz Fulton-Lyne & Kerry Taillefer
Tutorial Centre and Library Unite! Building a Writing Centre at NorQuest College
TAL Online training channel on YouTube
Liz Dennett & Sandy Campbell
What is a systematic review