Presentations from past AAAL workshops. For future workshops, the short presentations will be evaluated and chosen based on the Rubric for Selecting AAAL Sessions.
Tool Kit for Academic Library Change Communications: A Literature-Based, Time-Tested Protocol of Best Practices for Library Change
Keynote – aokstakiiksi: Blackfoot signage in the Riddell Library and Learning Centre
Sarah Snihurowych and Laura Hamonic
Survey Software and Research: Our Experience at UAL
ORCID-CA and Getting ORCID Buy-in from Faculty, Administration and Researchers
Luke Malone and Danica Dixon
Quick Books: Using Amazon to Fulfill Faculty and Staff Requests
Robert Tiessen and John Wright
Coping with the Big Deal: Paying, Unbundling, or Walking Away
The Library’s Role in Celebrating Faculty Publications
Dr. Jason M. Harley
Keynote References: Time to Change our Filters: Psychologically Adapting to Information in the Post-Truth Era
- Scheibe, C., & Rogow, F. (2012). The teacher’s guide to media literacy: Critical thinking in a multimedia world. Corwin Press: Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Hornsey, M. J., & Fielding, K. S. (2017). Attitude roots and Jiu Jitsu persuasion: Understanding and overcoming the motivated rejection of science. American Psychologist, 72(5), 459-473.
- McKenna, N. (April, 2017) [podcast]. Fake news and surviving a post-truth world. New Trail, (pp. 3). Retrieved from: https://www.ualberta.ca/newtrail/spring-2017/bear-country/fake-news-and-surviving-a-post-truth-world
- Liam O’Donnell (2009). Media meltdown: a graphic guide adventure. Orca Book Publishers.
- Goldenberg, A., Halperin, E., van Zomeren, M., & Gross, J. J. (2016). The process model of group-based emotion: Integrating intergroup emotion and emotion regulation perspectives. Personality and Social Psychology Review, 20(2), 118-141.
- Gross, J. J. (2015). Emotion regulation: Current status and future prospects. Psychological Inquiry, 26(1), 1-26.
- Williams, H. T., McMurray, J. R., Kurz, T., & Lambert, F. H. (2015). Network analysis reveals open forums and echo chambers in social media discussions of climate change. Global Environmental Change, 32, 126-138.
Christie Hurrell and Kathryn Ruddock
Understanding Digital Scholarship Needs to Support the Evolving Nature of Academic Research
A Year in Student Engagement and Outreach Programming at UAL
Kim Clarke and Leeanne Morrow
Using Play to Reduce Stress & Increase Cognition
Re-Designing the Service Desk for Collaboration
Maker Studio: Digital Literacy in Academic Libraries
“But you don’t look like a Librarian”: Reflections of an Early Career Professional on Identity and Professional Practice
Copyright, Open Licensing and Academic Authors: What Librarians Need to Know
Enhancing reference services with proactive chat
How Faculty Can add your Libguides Content to Moodle
Library Consulting Overseas: The Engagement de l’Afrique Project
Developing an Embedded Librarian Program at a Polytechnic Institution
Leigh Cunningham & Valarie Westers
Blurred Lines Redefining Technical Services in an Academic Library
Long Nights Against Procrastination at the Red Deer College Library
Caroline Daniels, Erin Fields, Leva Lee & BCcampus
BC Librarians Get Open
Research Metrics Series at Cameron Library
Dan Mirau & Tara Stieglitz
The Year of China
Shifting Roles of Library Liaisons
Sam Popowich (keynote speaker)
Open Source Adoption & Technological Capacity Building in Libraries
Robyn Hall & Mary Medinsky
Your AAAL: Engaging You in Association Business
Robin Desmeules & Sandy Campbell
Acknowledging Academic Librarians’ Contributions in Research Publications
Academic Health Research Data: Which to Keep and Which Data Have No Archival Value
Liz Fulton-Lyne & Kerry Taillefer
Tutorial Centre and Library Unite! Building a Writing Centre at NorQuest College
TAL Online training channel on YouTube
Liz Dennett & Sandy Campbell
What is a systematic review
Budgeting with stats, stats & more stats
Budget Allocation Calculator Example
Budget Allocation Calculator