Membership in AAAL is institutional and is available to all academic libraries in Alberta upon payment of an annual institutional membership fee. Membership Fees are determined by institutional FLE and calculated from a base fee of $135. Smaller institutions may pay less than this base amount and large institutions will pay more.
For more information, please see our fees breakdown:
|Affiliate Membership (Non-voting)||$67.50|
View the current membership list.
To become a Member of AAAL:
- Fill out the membership application[.docx]
- Please send all membership applications to the AAAL Secretary/Treasurer via mail, fax or email at email@example.com.
- Annual institutional membership fee is payable on or before September 30 of each year.
- Membership shall cease upon non-payment of membership fees for a period greater than 6 months after September 30th of every year.
Individuals employed in the libraries of institutional members are eligible to participate in association activities and meetings. However, each institutional member must appoint a single voting representative.
Other interested parties may seek affiliate membership by submitting a request to the Executive Committee for consideration by the voting members:
- Affiliate memberships do not include voting rights;
- Employees of affiliate members are welcome to attend and participate in association meetings and activities; and
- The annual affiliate institutional membership fee will be determined by member institutions at a general meeting. It is payable no later than January of every year.