This month’s issue of 7 Questions with AAAL Members features Robyn Hall, Scholarly Communications & Social Sciences Librarian at MacEwan University.
1. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
2. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
– Cocorosie – Animals.
– Patrick Watson – Good Morning Mr. Wolf.
– Joni Mitchell – Both Sides Now.
Of course, a literal version would also be filled with an embarrassing mix of Wings, NKOTB, Madonna, Hole, Beyonce, punk, & early 2000’s electronica…
3. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
Dame Marjorie “Maude” Chardin from Harold and Maude (also my cat’s namesake, though over time this has unfortunately morphed into “Little Miss Moodles”).
4. What are some of your favourite podcasts?
WTF with Marc Maron, 10% Happier, & Fresh Air (NPR).
5. What do you do when you’re not working?
Random outings. This fall I have been to an air balloon festival, a Tibetan bizarre, Nuit Blanche, a Beatles cover band playing with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, two museums, Nerd Nite, a hockey game, Devon to hike the river valley, a midnight screening of The Room (not recommended)… More generally: travel, yoga, HDR photography, & jigsaw puzzles.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
So many places, but Northern Spain, Northern California, & Nova Scotia (“home”) are all at the top of the list.
7. What was your favourite childhood cartoon?
It’s a tie between Watership Down & The Secret of NIMH.
Bonus question: What is your proudest work-related accomplishment?
Starting this “7 Questions with AAAL members” series on the AAAL blog, of course. Happy almost-three-year anniversary! 🙂
If you would like to be featured on our 7 Questions with AAAL Members blog, please sign up here!