October’s installment of 7 Questions With… AAAL Members features Debbie Feisst, Digitization Librarian (acting), University of Alberta Libraries .
1. What is something interesting you learned in the last month? Being 9 months into a 1 year position as Digitization Librarian, I am learning something new every day! Delving into project management, dealing with vendors, digital asset management and current standards and best practices in metadata. However, just last night my six year old and I learned that some sharks have live births and some ‘lay’ eggs. How did I not know this?!
2. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad, but it turned out to be for the best? I missed the application deadline to apply for the MLIS at UBC, thereby eventually applying to U of Alberta. Which eventually led to me meeting my husband. Which eventually led to you thinking, “awwww.”
3. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? Every Single Song from Weezer’s Blue Album. As long as it’s the Extended Bonus Disc edition.
4. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Max, of the Wild Things. I always wanted to hear what a Wild Rumpus sounded like. Plus, in the end he still got to eat his supper.
5. What would you name the autobiography of your life? I Got It Done, and Mostly Correct
6. What is your best piece of career advice? Start with the hard stuff first. This was actually my Dad’s advice to me growing up, and it has never failed me.
7. What is your favourite quote?
That it will never come again
Is what makes life so sweet.
– Emily Dickinson