This year, Open Access Week falls on October 19-25. There are a variety of events happening around Alberta including:
- University of Alberta: Scholarly Communication in the Digital Era. Talk by Vincent Larivière. Wednesday, October 24, 10AM, University of Alberta ECHA L1-490.
- Mount Royal University:
- Kill the Academic Journal? Sorry and Please! Talk by Gerald Beasley, Vice Provost and Chief Librarian (UofA). Monday, October 19, 11AM, room T107.
- Promoting Progressive Approaches to Open Access. Talk by Richard Hayman (Digital Initiatives Librarian, MRU). Wednesday, October 21, 10AM, room T107.
- Open Educational Resources in the Western Canadian Post-Secondary Context. Talk by Cari Merkley, Erika Smith, Eric Queenan (OER Working Group, MRU), Thursday, October 22, 11AM, room T104.
- Foothills Library Association: Open Access Open Mic Night. Tuesday, October 20, 6PM, Joyce on 4th, Calgary.
- Concordia University of Edmonton: Knowledge Without Borders: The Open Access Movement’s Impact on the Flow of Information. Talk by Robyn Hall (MacEwan) and Dan Mirau (Concordia). Wednesday, October 21, 12PM, HAC 208.
- University of Lethbridge: Doing Science in the Open. Talk by Dr. Rosie Redfield. Wednesday, October 21, 3PM, University of Lethbridge Library.
- MacEwan University/ Edmonton Public Library: Special screening of The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz. Tuesday, October 27, 6PM, Stanley Milner Library Theatre.
Hosting a local event for OA Week not listed above? Email Robyn Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org)