Greetings AAAL Members,
Mark your calendars. The Alberta Association of Academic Libraries plans to hold the 2020 Fall Meeting on Thursday, December 3rd. This meeting will be held virtually, hosted by Red Deer College.
A call for virtual presentations, RSVP information, and the meeting agenda and package will be sent out in the coming weeks.
AAAL is also hoping to fill the following outstanding vacancies. Please consider joining our amazing group of academic library folk! These opportunities are available to all AAAL members:
Chair-Elect (2-3 year term: first year as Chair-Elect, second year as Chair, third year as Member at Large/Nominations)
- Call for volunteers for executive and standing committee positions as needed and ensure positions are filled and elections carried out as needed;
- Communicate changes to the Executive and Committee roster, including position terms, to the Communications Committee;
- Conduct general meetings in the Chair’s absence;
Perform other duties as designated by the Chair;
- Submit written bi-annual reports to the Chair for inclusion in meeting packages three weeks prior to Fall and Annual General Meetings
- Assist the Chair in conducting the Annual General Meeting e.g. leading the roundtable discussions.
- Assist the Chair in coordinating Executive and Sub-Committee meetings
- Attend Statistics & Assessments meetings as an ex-Officio member
- Solicit applications for the Professional Development Award and oversee award disbursement.
Mentorship Committee – 1 vacancy (2-year term)
- Coordinate annual AAAL mentorship program cycle (Sept-April);
- Ensure currency of the Mentorship Program page on the AAAL website as needed;
- Pair mentors and mentees, and offer program participants support as needed throughout the term of the program;
- Solicit and review feedback from program participants
If you have any questions or would like to express interest in a position vacancy, please reach out (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chair, Alberta Association of Academic Libraries | AAAL.ca