The AAAL is seeking nominations for the AAAL Executive Chair-elect position, in preparation for elections taking place at the Spring Annual General Meeting on Friday, May 10, 2019 at Olds College. To nominate an AAAL member or put your own name forward for this position, please email the Chair of the Nominations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief statement of interest. The Nominations Committee consists of CJ de Jong (Chair), Geoff Owens, and Shannon D’Agnone.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, April 5, 2019.
Chair-elect (2 year term: first year as AAAL Chair-elect, and second year as AAAL Chair)
- Maintain liaison with other library associations and external organizations, and ensure news and updates of interest to the association are reported at the Fall Meeting, Annual General Meeting, and via the AAAL blog and social media;
- Call for standing committee members as needed and ensure standing committee positions are filled;
- Conduct general meetings in Chair’s absence;
- Perform other duties as designated by the Chair;
- Submit written bi-annual reports to the Chair for inclusion in meeting packages three weeks prior to Fall and Annual General Meetings
- Attend Executive Meetings.