March’s installment of 7 Questions With… AAAL Members features CJ de Jong, Access Services Coordinator, University of Alberta Libraries.
1. When was the last time you were nervous? I’m pretty nervous right now for the weekend. I’m taking a three-day acroyoga workshop and I’m still a novice. I hope I’ll survive the three days without too many drops on my head! Google images has lots of pics of acroyoga if you’re not sure what it is. They sure make it look easy!
2. What is your best piece of life advice? Get involved in something you enjoy! A cause, a group, a sport, anything. Without a doubt, you’ll find your life enriched.
3. What is your favourite thing to binge watch? Documentaries. EPL is my source as I always find things there I would have never thought to look for!
4. What is your proudest work-related accomplishment? It’s my staff that make me proud. When I see them grow in their jobs and take on new responsibilities through a promotion, that brings me pride.
5. What do you do when you’re not working? Work-life balance is important to me, so I do find all kinds of things to do outside of work. You can often find me at the Lion’s Breath Yoga Studio, as I take a number of yoga classes there (Sattva, Dynamic Flow, Hatha, Acroyoga). For some good laughs I love going to Rapid Fire Theatre, even took a couple of improv classes with them last year. When my feet are itching, I might end up at a Sugar Swing Dance or wherever the music is happening!
6.What is your favourite quote? Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
7. What is your favourite colour? Looking at my wardrobe, there’s a lot of blue and purple.