February’s installment of 7 Questions With… AAAL Members features Corene Kozey, Information Services Librarian at Buchanan Library, Lethbridge College.
1. What is something interesting you learned in the last month? I was watching Charlie Rose and was excited about a new procedure being used to rectify blindness using stem cells.
2. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad, but it turned out to be for the best? The one thing that comes to mind is a trip my husband and I took to Mexico. The trip was a tribute to Murphy’s Law! Our travel agent had changed jobs and so our account slipped through the cracks. We were booked on Mexicana Airlines flight 212 from LA to Mexico, an imaginary flight. Our luggage didn’t arrive in Mexico city for 4 days, and the only English our taxi driver could speak was ‘bad hotel’ when we told him where we were staying. In the end, the holiday was probably one of the most enjoyable because we learned to ‘go with the flow’.
3. What is your favourite thing to binge watch? Grey’s Anatomy.
4. What do you eat for breakfast? Dry white toast!
5. What do you do when you’re not working? I think I may have been a bag lady or some type of scavenger bird in my previous life because I get so much enjoyment out of cruising second-hand stores.
6. What is your favourite quote? I don’t really have a favourite quote, but I was researching Murphy’s law with respect to work and found a rather funny law I’d like to share with everyone. ‘A pat on the back is merely centimeters from a kick in the pants.’
7. What is your favourite colour? Green ‘is the colour, football is the game’
1 thought on “7 Questions With… Corene Kozey”
This new “7 questions” initiative is great – I enjoy reading them and learning interesting things about our colleagues…and even new things about the people I work with every day!