The Alberta Association of Academic Libraries (AAAL) is seeking nominations for AAAL Secretary and Communications Committee member, beginning mid-December.
All staff from AAAL member institutions (https://aaal.ca/membership/membership-list/) are eligible. We ask that for Executive Committee roles (we accept nominations or self-nominations), interested candidates include a brief statement of interest in your email. For Sub-Committee positions, we only require an expression of interest.
Please forward Executive Nominations and Sub-Committee nominations to Amanda Wills (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for applications/nominations is Thursday, December 8th at noon.
For a brief description of the roles please see below. If you have any questions about the positions, please contact Amanda Wills (email@example.com).
Executive Committee Vacancies
Secretary (2-year term)
- Take minutes of Fall and Annual General meetings and coordinate distribution with
- Communications Committee;
- Take minutes of Executive Committee meetings and distribute them to the executive;
- Create and coordinate the distribution of post-meeting evaluations to membership
- Analyze responses from post-meeting evaluations, and report to the Executive Committee and standing committees, and make recommendations as appropriate;
- Maintain Google Drive access for Executive and Committee members, as needed
Communications Committee – 1 vacancy (2-year term)
The Communications Committee is responsible for the coordination of all AAAL communications, including the social media accounts and the AAAL blog.
For a full list of responsibilities for each role/committee, please visit the AAAL Bylaws Page.
Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for considering!
Alison Pitcher (AAAL Chair), and
Amanda Wills (AAAL Chair-Elect)