We are interested in hearing from AAAL members’ work along the theme of international. This could include work in expanding collections in other languages and related to the International Year of Indigenous Languages, working with English as an Additional Language (ESL) students, supporting international students in the library, providing professional development for staff, or building anti-racist workshops for students.
While we invite staff from AAAL member libraries to submit a proposal to share your experiences, research, and lessons learned along this theme, we are open to any other work you are open to sharing at this
professional learning and sharing event. What new program, service, or space are you/your library providing to your users? What technologies or tools are you using to improve how you, your library, or your users get things done?
Presentation can be either:
- 5 minute lightning talk that is a quick overview of your ideas, experience, and programs/services OR
- 30 minute session that can include ideas, experiences, original research, engaging discussion questions or activities
- Submit your proposal online by Friday, October 11. Successful presenters will be contacted by October 16.
- Seeking financial support to attend and present at the meeting? We encourage you to apply for an AAAL Professional Development Award.
- Wondering how we’ll select sessions? Take a look at our rubric and use it as a guide for your proposal.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The AAAL Workshop Committee: Angie Mandeville, Jessica Leslie, and Leeanne Morrow