The Executive Committee still has volunteer opportunities for AAAL committees – four positions in all! These opportunities are available to library staff members from AAAL member institutions. Please see below for details. If you are interested, please contact Nicolle Lemay at LemayN2@macewan.ca by Monday, September 3rd and indicate for which committee(s) you would like to be considered.
1) Mentorship Committee: The Mentorship Committee is looking for one member for a two-year term. The mentorship program will run during the 2018-19 academic year, after a pilot year in 2017-18. The member would be part of a team responsible for:
- Recruiting and pairing mentors with mentees in September 2018
- Offering any additional support or training needed to run the program
- Conducting program evaluation upon completion of the 2018-19 program
- Seeking feedback and making recommendations to the AAAL Executive
2) Workshop Committee: The Workshop Committee is looking for two members, each for a two-year term. The committee organizes the AAAL professional development and learning program. Committee members strive to develop relevant programming that serve as learning opportunities and highlights the range of excellent work happening at AAAL member libraries. The new committee member will engage in issuing calls for, selecting, and coordinating lightning-strike sessions, presentations and panel discussions for the Fall and Spring AAAL meetings.
3) Statistics and Assessment Committee: The Statistics and Assessment Committee is looking for one member. This committee compiles annual statistics from member institutions and reports to the membership on those statistics. Committee members should have an interest in data and statistics; experience with data analysis or data visualization is an asset.
AAAL is having its Fall Meeting at NAIT in Edmonton on Thursday, November 15. Please stay tuned for more information and a call for presentations.
Please contact me with any questions or to express an interest in these volunteer activities.