The AAAL is seeking nominations for the following 2 AAAL Executive Committee positions, in preparation for elections taking place at the Spring Annual General Meeting on Thursday, April 12, 2018 at Mount Royal University in Calgary. To nominate an AAAL member or put your own name forward for either of these positions, please email any member of the AAAL Nominations Committee with a brief statement of interest (Robyn Hall, Sonya Betz, and Geoff Owens).
The deadline for nominations is Monday, March 12, 2018.
Chair-elect (2 year term: first year as AAAL Chair-elect, and second year as AAAL Chair)
- Maintain liaison with other library associations and external organizations, and ensure news and updates of interest to the association are reported at the Fall Meeting, Annual General Meeting, and via the AAAL blog and social media;
- Call for standing committee members as needed and ensure standing committee positions are filled;
- Conduct general meetings in Chair’s absence;
- Perform other duties as designated by the Chair;
- Submit written bi-annual reports to the Chair for inclusion in meeting packages three weeks prior to Fall and Annual General Meetings
- Attend Executive Meetings.
Secretary/Treasurer (2 year position)
- Take minutes of meetings and distribute such through the AAAL listserv and/or by posting to the AAAL website;
- Take minutes of Executive Committee meetings and distribute to the executive;
- Keep accurate records of AAAL accounts;
- Submit Treasurer’s report at each general meeting;
- Submit accounting records to the Auditors annually and submit the audited statement to the provincial government;
- Submit written bi-annual reports to the Chair for inclusion in meeting packages three weeks prior to Fall and Annual General Meetings;
- Collect membership fees.