April’s installment of 7 Questions With… AAAL Members features Shannon D’Agnone, Instructional Librarian at The King’s University Library.
1. When was the last time you were nervous? My family recently went on holidays and I don’t love flying. As the plane was taking off with I got very nervous and started replaying every Mayday episode (where they talk in depth about plane crashes) in my head. Thankfully the flight was uneventful and I lived to tell the tale!
2. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Jessica Pearson from the TV show Suits. She’s smart, savvy, tough and has the most amazing clothes and handbags of anyone on TV.
3. What is your best piece of career advice? My advice is this: trust that things have a way of working out for the best and always be open to new opportunities. You just never know who you might meet or how things could work out.
4. What is your best piece of life advice? In the end, only kindness matters.
5. What is your favourite thing to binge watch? Mr. Robot!
6. What do you do when you’re not working? I have a husband and two very busy little boys. I spend a lot of time with my kids going to different activities like hockey, skiing, soccer, swimming, etc. We also have a cabin outside the city that is our second home during the summer, so we spent a lot of time there as well.
7. What is your favourite quote? “There is no discovery without risk and what you risk reveals what you value.” Jeanette Winterson’s Written on the Body