June’s installment of 7 Questions With… AAAL Members features Trish Rosseel, Associate University Librarian, Public Services, University of Alberta Libraries
1. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Weave
2. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? So many great artists and songs! James Taylor, U2, Tragically Hip, Indigo Girls, Tracy Chapman, Wailin’ Jennys, Be Good Tanyas, Martin Sexton, David Gray, Coldplay, Walk Off the Earth, Tegan and Sarah…
3. What is your best piece of career advice? About 10 years ago I was in a small shop in Deep Cove, BC which had all these great posters with excellent typography and one – which has hung in all of my offices ever since – became a personal mantra of sorts: Work hard and be nice to people.
4. What is your favourite thing to binge watch? Broadchurch, River, Homeland, Scott & Bailey, Wallander
5. What is your proudest non-work related accomplishment? A couple years ago after a whole lot of dedicated – and tiring – training, I ran a Spartan Race, a Tough Mudder and my one and only triathlon in the span of a year. Definitely never thought I could do any, never mind all, of them, but really put my head down and enjoyed the experiences. I am now officially over this phase! ; )
6. What is your favourite quote? Rainer Maria Rilke’s:
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.
7. What is your favourite colour? Blue