April’s installment of 7 Questions With… AAAL Members features Tim Janewski, Director of Library Services, The King’s University Library.
1. When was the last time you were nervous? Presenting to 45 very smart (and mostly young) people at the Edmonton Progressive Librarian’s Guild Symposium in March. I’m not sure whether my fear of not being smart enough or feeling out of place because of my age was stronger. But the young folk were all very nice to me.
2. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Learn how to remember people’s names.
3. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? Advocating for LGBTQ+ equality in libraries – and everywhere!
4. What is your best piece of career advice? Always check to see whose name is in the “To” field of your email before clicking “Send”. Including the wrong name in the wrong message can be hazardous to your career health.
5. What is your favourite thing to binge watch? Sense8
6. What is your proudest work-related accomplishment? Working with great people to put together the awesome NEOS Strategic Agenda 2014-17. We rocked that plan!
7. What is your proudest non-work related accomplishment? Raising two amazing kids with my wife.