August’s installment of 7 Questions With… AAAL Members features Luke Malone, Collection Development Librarian, the Reg Erhardt Library at SAIT.
1. What is something interesting you learned in the last month? As part of our library PD day this week, we learned about geocaching! This involved a scavenger hunt all over the campus. I had no idea there were little geocaches scattered all around these places I go every day. It was cool learning to use the GPS and finding these little treasures.
2. When was the last time you were nervous? I recently tried an escape room for the first time. Escape rooms are themed rooms that you and a team are locked into. To get out, you solve a series of puzzles. We tried a pirate-themed room, and it was a lot of fun, but also somehow nerve-wracking when I didn’t know what to expect!
3. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Speak French. And then maybe Spanish. Of course, I COULD actually do this, it’s just finding the time.
4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? I’m a music freak, so there are many. My all-time favourite song is ‘Malibu’, by Hole. It just sounds like summer to me. My favourite album is D’Angelo’s Voodoo.
5. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? It would be a Great Gatsby-style party, with all the lavishness that comes with it. Of course, I’d also need the house. It would be for friends and their friends, and a celebration of nothing in particular.
6. What is your favourite thing to binge watch? I wanted to say Orange Is the New Black, but season three is a bit of a slog. So Nashville!
7. What do you do when you’re not working? Play as much tennis as I can. There’s also a great name that tune night in Calgary, so you can find me at the Cat ‘n’ Fiddle pub most Thursday evenings.