May’s installment of 7 Questions With… AAAL Members features Kristine Plastow, Chief Librarian, Red Deer College.
1. What is something interesting you learned in the last month? I feel like I am always learning something – it’s the remembering I have a hard time with! I was just in a Google Drive/Docs workshop today and learned about how to sync your Drive files to your personal computer to use offline. I hadn’t actually thought about that and didn’t know how to do it. Here’s hoping I remember by the time I get home to try it on my laptop!
2. When was the last time you were nervous? Just last week! I convened a session at Alberta Library Conference in Jasper and that was more nerve-wracking then actually presenting, don’t ask me why!
3. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Elizabeth Bennett
4. What is your best piece of career advice? It’s not about you – people have their own perceptions and perspectives that aren’t right or wrong; they just are. If you make it personal, that’s when things start to go wrong.
5. What is your favourite thing to binge watch? Forensic Files
6. What is your proudest non-work related accomplishment? Truly it is my children. When I stop to think that I had anything to do with the amazing little people they are, it makes me very proud. Case in point – with the provincial election, both my kids were interested, asking questions, and forming their own opinions. It was very cool!
7. What is your favourite quote? I have two: “Be the change you wish to see in the world” and “That which does not kill us makes us stronger”.