We’re happy to feature The King’s University for our 7 Questions with AAAL Institutions blog this month.
1. What is the most interesting/unique item or collection in your library?
We have a harpsichord in our curriculum collection!
2. What is one surprising fact about your institution or library?
We have a cart of bibles that is used for Theology, and a few years ago the entire cart disappeared into thin air. The library staff searched high and low for it, but it was gone. Almost exactly a year later our security footage caught the cart being pushed in through a set a doors and left in the atrium to be found. The library was grateful to get it back. Oh the stories that cart could tell us!
3. What is the busiest time of year for your institution or library?
September. It’s the happiest time of the year when everyone comes back!
4. What has been a recent change for your institution or library?
We are undergoing renovations for our new Academic Enrichment Centre, so we are excited to welcome them in the fall of 2019.
5. Where/what is the best spot in your library or institution?
Our students seem to love the single carrels against the windows. The last carrel against the books always seems to be the first place to fill up.
6. What is the oldest item in your collection?
We have a 1602 John Calvin Institutes of the Christian Religion.
7. What aspect our your library website are you most proud of?
We work really hard on our LibGuides, and I don’t think they get the attention they deserve, but we will continue to work on promoting them.