January’s installment of 7 Questions With… AAAL Members features Leigh Cunningham, Collections & Instruction Librarian at Medicine Hat College.
1. When was the last time you were nervous? I don’t usually get really nervous. I taught a course for the first time at the college in fall semester and I was pretty nervous getting up in front of 24 eager, paying students that first morning!
2. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Build cool furniture.
3. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad, but it turned out to be for the best? I got laid off right before Christmas in 2007. It was a good job that was helping me get through library school. Being laid off actually allowed me more flexibility to take on hours at my library job, which ended up becoming a full time opportunity.
4. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? I would focus on developing our information literacy program to be embedded in the curriculum. Right now, this is just one of many projects!
5. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? I’m not much for parties, so maybe a house concert with margaritas and kittens.
6. What is your best piece of career advice? Be flexible and open to opportunities. I was able to move from Ontario to Alberta for my job but I don’t think that’s for everyone.
7. What is your favourite thing to binge watch? Terrible reality shows like America’s Next Top Model or The Bachelor.
1 thought on “7 Questions With… Leigh Cunningham”
Thanks Leigh for giving us the opportunity to get to know you better!