About the stipend:
Up to $400 will be made available annually to current participants in AAAL’s Mentorship Program to help cover expenses to facilitate in-person meetings for mentorship pairs
- The applicant must be a current participant in AAAL’s mentorship program.
- Priority will be given to:
- applicants without workplace funding for travel
- applicants meeting their mentor/mentee in-person for the first time
- mentees before mentors
- Expenses to attend an AAAL meeting (lodging, travel, meals)
Prior to each AAAL meeting, an AAAL Mentorship Travel Stipend application form will be sent to participants in the Mentorship Program. Applicants are asked to include the following information:
- Funds requested,with a detailed budget (should not exceed $400.00). It is possible that the award granted will not equal the total amount requested.
- Information about current funding support for professional development activities from their employer or academic institution.
- If they have received funding from AAAL in the past 2 years.
- If they have previously met with their mentor/mentee in person.
- All eligible submissions received by the deadline will be considered by the Mentorship Committee.
- Notification of stipends granted will be sent out approximately three weeks before the scheduled AAAL meeting.
- Funding will be provided as reimbursement for actual expenses (transportation, lodging, meals). Mileage (if applicable) will be paid at a rate of $0.44/km.
- The recipient will be required to present receipts to the AAAL Treasurer in order to be reimbursed.
The AAAL Executive reserves the right to grant one or several awards each year. The awarded amount will not exceed $400.00 per fiscal year.For more information, contact the Mentorship Committee.